minimserver installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minimserver installation

Hi- I've installed minimserver several times off of my home page but when I click on the icon I just get directed to the software page rather than the app running. I've got minim watch running in the background. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it running correctly?
    Thanks in advance

What is Minimserver?

Comment

Originally posted by Doris1997 View Post
      What is Minimserver?
      It's a server/app which you can download from the main vortexbox page that is supposed to let you run dlna

Comment

I can't tell you I have a solution, but I have been working to install minimserver for some time now. If you navigate to the minimserver/data directory, there is a minimserver.log file, and there may be minimserver-crash log files there as well. You can get clues about what is not working correctly from these logs. For me, there were no logs at all when I started minimserver from the icon. However I started it from the terminal using the startc command in the bin subdirectory and got it to run. You might try that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tosk View Post
          I can't tell you I have a solution, but I have been working to install minimserver for some time now. If you navigate to the minimserver/data directory, there is a minimserver.log file, and there may be minimserver-crash log files there as well. You can get clues about what is not working correctly from these logs. For me, there were no logs at all when I started minimserver from the icon. However I started it from the terminal using the startc command in the bin subdirectory and got it to run. You might try that.
          Cool, might be beyond my tech capabilities but will definitely give it a shot. Thanks!

Comment

I have been running 2.4 for more than a year. I recently tried to install minimserver using the vortex upgrade page and I get the following results:
            Package manager status shows minimserver is installed. But I don't get a minimserver icon on the home page nor do I see my vortexbox show up as a non-LMS server on apps like bubbleupnp.

Using the main "start upgrade" button I have performed an overall upgrade to try and make sure other dependencies are up to date, but the minimserver install didn't seem to work any differently after that. The Vortex Box has been rebooted multiple times but it didn't help. On the upgrade page this is the only response I get:

01/25/2018 21:56:26 - Installing http://jminim.com/brac/MinimServer-0...x-intel.tar.gz
            01/25/2018 21:56:35 - MinimServer installed

Using putty I ran the locate command (locate -b minim\*)and this is the response I get:

/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/minimserver.service
            /etc/vortexbox/packages/minimserver
            /usr/lib/systemd/system/minimserver.service
            /var/www/html/minimserver.php
            /var/www/html/css/minimserver.css
            /var/www/html/images/minimserver.png
            /var/www/html/templates/minimserver.tpl

Does anybody know of some helpful steps to get this working?

Thanks,
            David

Comment

I am having similar problems with a new VB 2.4 build as music2diy4.

Comment

I havnt been on the forum for a while so this is a very delayed response. I had the same problem and I have found a way to get minimserver running again (without the icon so far). Did you find a solution or would you like some suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                X