Simaudio Mind or Naim NDX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simaudio Mind or Naim NDX

My squeezebox transporter recently died, likely for good. I was looking at using a sim audio streamer with the mind software or a naim ndx. I have a vortexbox player/nas which had the squeezebox server already pre-loaded on it at purchase. Does anyone know how I would get the software for either the sim audio or the Naim (not sure the name of the software they use) onto the vortexbox so I could connect it to either as a music streamer?
    Thanks in advance!
    Jon

It appears that using twonky is one way to interface, is this possible to install on a vortexbox?

Comment

I use a Naim UnitQute (Same Naim Soffware as the NDX). I am running Vortexbox 2.4 and installed the Minimserver plugin from the web interface. It works great. Also later versions on LMS also serve up to DLNA, I just hate LMS. Honestly either program should work as a server to either device. I would think that using LMS would allow you to access playlists that were already made up.

Comment

Originally posted by brubacca View Post
        I use a Naim UnitQute (Same Naim Soffware as the NDX). I am running Vortexbox 2.4 and installed the Minimserver plugin from the web interface. It works great. Also later versions on LMS also serve up to DLNA, I just hate LMS. Honestly either program should work as a server to either device. I would think that using LMS would allow you to access playlists that were already made up.
        Thank you so much, that is hugely helpful. I see the option for installing mimiserver but what is LMS (which I don't see as an option to download)?

Comment

LMS is logitech media server. It is what you are using for the squeezebox. It runs by default on a Vortexbox

Comment

To control the SimAudio MiND you could use the DNLA plug-in, it works quite well.

Comment

Get an Ultrarendu. http://www.sonore.us/ultraRendu.html

Comment

Originally posted by mftech View Post
                To control the SimAudio MiND you could use the DNLA plug-in, it works quite well.
                Is the DLNA plug-in on the vortexbox player by default or do I need to install it?

Comment

Working...
                X