Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch convert Apple Lossless to FLAC

Hello

I have some old Apple Lossless files on my VB Microserver 2, which I would like to batch convert to FLAC so that I have all of my music in the same format. Is that possible?

Many thanks

Tom

You can do it on a Linux system with soundKonverter

Comment

Thanks. I have only ever worked on the vortexbox using SSH from my Mac - do you know if that is possible with soundconverter?
      Also, do you have experience of this working, as this thread would suggest that it doesn't:
      https://answers.launchpad.net/soundc...uestion/273895

Comment

On windows I use foobar2000 to convert formats and split files.

Out of curiosity:
        Why do you want to covert those files, just for your mindset or is something broken (eg MusicIp doesn't support *.ape or *.m4a files) ?

cheers
        /bart
        Last edited by bart; 08-04-2017, 07:51 AM. Reason: rephrasing

Comment

Thank you for your help. I was trying to find a Vortexbox solution as my connection to it is so slow. In the end I created a direct wired connection and used dBpoweramp on my Mac, which worked brilliantly.

Comment

Originally posted by TTom View Post
            Thank you for your help. I was trying to find a Vortexbox solution as my connection to it is so slow. In the end I created a direct wired connection and used dBpoweramp on my Mac, which worked brilliantly.
            Is dBpoweramp free? Does the ripping lose quality?

Comment

IN order to batch convert Apple Music to FLAC, I suggest you to use DRmare Mac Audio Converter. By using this tool, you can batch convert your Apple Music files quickly and with high quality. And you can customize your Apple audio files as you want. Then you can save them to your computer for using on other devices.

Comment

Working...
              X