Reporting Tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting Tool?

Thank to the help from this forum, I'm well on my way to ripping my entire collection! (350 out of 1,000+).
    Now, the question is: Is there any tool available to print out (Even to PDF) my collection? With tags and artwork?
    I've been using mp3tag, but the 3,500+ files take a while to read and I have not found a way to 'save' the database, so it doesn't have to read the flac directory every time.

Any suggestions?

Diego

See this. I've used to create all sorts of interesting reports based on my music files (about 100,000 tracks). Once set up, loadup all your files in mp3tag, then click on FILE > EXPORT to get report options.

https://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?s...+configuration

Comment

Glad to hear you are up and running, that is what the Forum is here for.

What will help is knowing what the purpose of a "Paper Hardcopy" is for? In today's technology world, there is really no reason for a hardcopy. There are so many Apps to help you see your music on your server in your home such as iPeng if you are an iPhone/iPad user. If it's for knowing what you already own/have ripped, then I highly recommend following the Tonido install instruction so that you can look at your Smart Phone and know exactly what you have. Tonido is a program and an App on a Smart Phone that allows you secure remote access to view your files on any Server you have install Tonido on. So if you are at Best Buy and need to know if you already own a copy of Let It Be and have ripped it, just open Tonido App on your Smart Phone, then page through the Vortexbox Directories to FLAC then scroll down to The Beatles, open that Folder and scroll down to see if Let It Be is listed.

Comment

Originally posted by Transporter View Post

What will help is knowing what the purpose of a "Paper Hardcopy" is for? In today's technology world, there is really no reason for a hardcopy.
        Agree. The reports I create using mp3tag are html or excel files that I use on computers or smart devices. I'd never printout such a report! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Transporter View Post
          What will help is knowing what the purpose of a "Paper Hardcopy" is for?
          I guess I'm a bit obsessed with record-keeping. The "print-out" was the wrong terminology. More like a "list of everything I have, offline, removed from the actual server".
          As usual, with a each new paradigm, a new way of thinking is required. I will look into Tonido. So far, I've been using Squeezer on android and DLNA on my TVs and PCs. I like the Plex interface, but I NEED gapless playback.

Thanks!

Diego

Comment

I use a program called CDCat on PCLinux to scan any drive I connect to my PC. it creates a text listing of everything on the drive.

Comment

I have gotten so used to and so dependent on iPeng for doing just about anything to do with Music in the home. If one gets the Player add-on, it is overwhelmingly useful as its a portable player with a large screen (especially on the iPad), it's great for building and modifying playlists, and it works quickly as an interface to see if I own or have ripped an Artist or CD. The easy way it allows one to delete songs or move them around in a playlist is easier and much quicker then the LMS GUI. Then add Tonido for when one is also at home but more specifically when one is NOT at home, you should never again buy the same CD or DVD twice. I have a copy of Tonido running on my Music Server and a copy running on my Movie Server, both Servers are Vortexboxes but the Movie Server also gets PLEX. And even if one forgets to do an update scan for new music, no worries with Tonido because it is looking at where you want it to IE /storage/music/flac/artist/albums so Tonido sees them all whether you did an update scan for new music or not!

My neighbor is now enjoying Vortexbox and Squeezebox since we set him up and his company doesn't use iPhones and he really liked what I could do with iPeng so he bought a used iPad just to use as his LMS Remote.
              Last edited by Transporter; 06-14-2017, 11:52 AM. Reason: Typo and incorrect spellcheck change

Comment

Working...
              X