Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player configuration in LMS/VB 2.4

Hello everyone,

I have been running my own LMS on an old PC for years now and a few days ago I decided to refurbish an ASRock ION 330 HTPC into a VortexBox. I upgraded that box to 4GB of RAM from 2GB, put in a 2TB harddisk and installed VB 2.4. I also followed some instructions I found on the official Squeezebox forum and replaced LMS with the latest 7.9 for Fedora. So far, everythings runs fine and I transfered my music collection over to the new VortexBox.

Now to my questions: ootb, VB 2.4 shows me a local player called "Player 1" on the box, that outputs the audio through the audio out jack of the ASRock.
    1. I can rename that "Player 1" in the player settings of LMS, but each time I restart LMS, the name reverts to "Player 1". Why?
    2. I noticed, that there is a "Configure Player" section in the VB web interface, where I can configure up to 5 players. Do I have to configure the "Player 1" with a different name here? Also, since the ASRock has a SPDIF out, I'd like to output audio through there. How do I configure a player to do that?
    The ALSA device list on the settings tab shows the following:

Code:
    ALSA device list
    0 [NVidia ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
    HDA NVidia at 0xfae78000 irq 20

List of audio device ports
    1: : sequencer
    2: [ 0] : control
    3: [ 0- 0]: digital audio playback
    4: [ 0- 0]: digital audio capture
    5: [ 0- 1]: digital audio playback
    6: [ 0- 3]: digital audio playback
    7: [ 0- 0]: hardware dependent
    8: [ 0- 3]: hardware dependent
    33: : timer

LMS is going to search for active players, which you do indeed configure from the "Configure Players" tab of the VortexBox main Web interface.

To prevent fishing expeditions, use the comprehensive instructions found here: http://www.vortexbox.com.au/HowTos/squeezelite.html
    Your S/PDIF output device should look something like this: iec958:CARD=Generic,DEV=0 and that is the name that needs to go in the "Audio output device" field. The player name can, I think, be anything you like. Mine are of the form player_spdif, player_usb. LMS should pick those up after you click the "Submit" button, but I always restart LMS.

Comment

Thanks, I now have 3 players, one for each output method (analogue jack, SPDIF and USB).

Comment

Working...
      X