Where do I store mp3s without FLACs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I store mp3s without FLACs?

Well, all the ripping and tagging has been going fabulously! Thank you to the forum for the help!
    Now I get to the point when I want to move ALL my music files to VB, as my one and only music server. Some of my music files include concert tapes that exist only in mp3 format. Since all the rips are FLAC, mirrored to mp3, I assumed that the mp3 folder was being ignored. I did copy some mp3 files to the /mp3 directory and 'cleared library and rescan'... Even though they are properly tagged, the mp3s don't show on LMS
    Any ideas???

Diego

Put Mp3's in the Music Read only folder not in the Files folder
    Install Plex and scan with that. Plex scans and displays everthing
    Last edited by pclinux1; 05-02-2017, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by diegom View Post
      Well, all the ripping and tagging has been going fabulously! Thank you to the forum for the help!
      Now I get to the point when I want to move ALL my music files to VB, as my one and only music server. Some of my music files include concert tapes that exist only in mp3 format. Since all the rips are FLAC, mirrored to mp3, I assumed that the mp3 folder was being ignored. I did copy some mp3 files to the /mp3 directory and 'cleared library and rescan'... Even though they are properly tagged, the mp3s don't show on LMS
      Any ideas???

Diego
      LMS is reading the folders that you specified in Settings>Basic Settings. If it's pointing to your FLAC folder, it won't see them. You can just put the MP3's you want to play in the same folder as your FLAC files and LMS will find them. You can use the mirrored MP3 folder to transfer these files to phone's, etc.
      Do a clear /rescan and you're good.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmi View Post

LMS is reading the folders that you specified in Settings>Basic Settings. If it's pointing to your FLAC folder, it won't see them. You can just put the MP3's you want to play in the same folder as your FLAC files and LMS will find them. You can use the mirrored MP3 folder to transfer these files to phone's, etc.
        Do a clear /rescan and you're good.
        correct. In my case, I have a folder under my FLAC folder called "lossyonly". And then under lossyonly I have separate subdirectories, eg.

flac/artist name/album name/tracks....
        flac/losslyonly/artist name/albumname/tracks....
        Last edited by garym; 05-03-2017, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Thank you all!!!

Comment

Working...
          X