Issues with SETTINGS in LMS 7.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with SETTINGS in LMS 7.9

Has anybody ever had any issues with LMS not accepting and saving selections or changes? LMS is saving my MySqueezebox.com Username under Settings/mysb.com but it will not take and save my password no matter what I do. I have tried entering it then clicking apply, entering it and hitting enter, and even entering it, hitting enter, then apply (after doing any of this the line is blank before leaving the page). When I come back it's just my Username. I wanted to turn on Debug to see what is going on, but I also can't change anything on the Settings/Advanced/Logging page either. I was able to fill in my Last.FM info and it accepted and saved it. It is like somethings are working and some are not. As an example, I can change how often I want LMS to look for the latest version and it keeps and saves the change.

I had Michael check my Username and Password which are indeed correct. I unboxed a brand new Touch and was able to complete the Registration using my MySB.com Username and Password so I know they are good. I am running 2.3 Vortexbox and Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 0.150.20161204git1480516903 @ Sun Dec 4 22:31:21 GMT 2016. I have rebooted several times and checked for all updates and did a cleanup, No Joy!

Ideas, thoughts, suggestions?
    Last edited by Transporter; 04-29-2017, 03:23 PM.

Isn't this normal behaviour? I don't recall ever seeing the password remain after I have entered it. Mine is blank and I can still connect to MySb. What problem do you have?
    Edit: By normal, I mean in LMS. I understand why you would expect to see the password dots.
    Last edited by jimmi; 04-29-2017, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmi View Post
      Isn't this normal behaviour? I don't recall ever seeing the password remain after I have entered it. Mine is blank and I can still connect to MySb. What problem do you have?
      Edit: By normal, I mean in LMS. I understand why you would expect to see the password dots.
      So you are saying you have no "Place Holders" when you look at Settings/Mysb.com/Password IE it is completely blank?

The issue is I can not go to MySB.com. It shows up only as a choice under Networks along with Vortexbox but when I Click on MySB.com, I get the Doink Sound, nothing changes, and it doesn't ask for password and the screen doesn't change. Also when I look under Advanced on the Touch and go to the Player Information, the last two lines that would normally be at the bottom of this section saying MySB.com and then Username under that are NOT there. It is not that the Username is blank because MySB,com isn't even there either IE both are missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Transporter View Post

So you are saying you have no "Place Holders" when you look at Settings/Mysb.com/Password IE it is completely blank?
        Yes, it is always blank.
        The issue is I can not go to MySB.com. It shows up only as a choice under Networks along with Vortexbox but when I Click on MySB.com, I get the Doink Sound, nothing changes, and it doesn't ask for password and the screen doesn't change. Also when I look under Advanced on the Touch and go to the Player Information, the last two lines that would normally be at the bottom of this section saying MySB.com and then Username under that are NOT there. It is not that the Username is blank because MySB,com isn't even there either IE both are missing.
        On my Touch I go to Settings>Advanced>Networking and the 3rd menu item is Switch to MySB.com Right click and it connects, which I can confirm on the MySB web page. No user or password needed.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmi View Post
          On my Touch I go to Settings>Advanced>Networking and the 3rd menu item is Switch to MySB.com Right click and it connects, which I can confirm on the MySB web page. No user or password needed.
          But you DID put a password in and it accepted it, correct? I believe the reason you can switch to MySB.com is because your Username and Password are saved in your LMS settings.

When I go to Settings/Advanced/Networking on my Touch and tap MySB.com, the Touch makes the Doink Sound (error sound), blinks, and does nothing. Does not switch to MySB.com.

Comment

Yes, at some point in the past I entered the password, but it just disappears as you experience. I never actually use MySB so can't be of much more help. Your post on the SB forum will probably have more responses/help. This will likely turn out to be one of those simple but difficult to find solutions!

Comment

Working...
            X