Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 can't see Vortexbox in Network.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 can't see Vortexbox in Network.

Network can't see Vortexbox. My Vortexbox was off network for a week due to a power supply failure. The power supply has been replaced and the Vortexbox is back up and running (I think) and reconnected to the router through an ethernet cable. I am having problems seeing it in either through a browser or through file explorer in windows 10 where I have the music folders pinned. Could this be due to a change in IP address? Is it a log on/password issue?

One other datapoint. I can't recognize the Vortex in the list of wired devices connected to my orbi and http://myvortexbox.com has a message that it does not see and music servers in my network.

Comment

I tried hooking the Vortexbox to a monitor using an hdmi cable and the monitor message was no signal. The led to the left of the power button is not blinking. Is this an indicator for the hard drive?

Comment

I received confirmation from the technician that the hard drive and motherboard were working. When he connected a monitor (using VGA) and a keyboard to the Vortexbox, it was in line command mode. Do I have to connect a 'front end' to get it working? Why didn't it boot up automatically like it always did when powered back up after being off?

Comment

I have a PC with vortexbox installed. When I plug it in to my router by cable it always gets an ip address. As I run Linux I use a program called ipscan to find the ip address As you seem to be using Windows why not access your router and look at the list of connected devices. If your router names them you will see the IP. If your router does not see the name it may list all ip addresses for the devices - try each ip in your browser untill you find it

Comment

I did check the IP addresses on my router and the Vortexbox is not there. There is no data coming out of the ethernet cable or the hdmi cable while I had it connected to a monitor. From what the technician told me, once the power supply was replace it went into linux line command mode and is wait for something to be entered.

Comment

My vortexbox is always in a command line mode when I look at it in a monitor. See if you can log in with user = root and password = vortexbox If you can type ifconfig and it should show the ip.

Comment

Working...
              X