Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GhengisKender
    replied
    Since a good cleaning didn't help, you may want to try connecting it to a different electrical circuit to see if something (e.g., vacuum, microwave, etc) is creating electrical issues on the current electrical circuit.

You could also try loading the phpSysInfo service with your Vortexbox (if it's not already loaded) and monitor the temp of the CPU, etc. to see if things are getting too hot.

Leave a comment:

• Ginsoak
    replied
    Sad to say this is still a problem - I cleaned it very carefully following all the appropriate guidelines but it still switching off after a short period of time - is anyone able to offer any other suggestions? It's really frustrating as the Vortexbox is hidden away in a cupboard under the stairs so is a real pain to unplug and reset.

Thanks,

Jon

Leave a comment:

• Ginsoak
    replied
    Thanks Bart - I'll give that a go. Fingers crossed.

Jon

Leave a comment:

• bart
    replied
    Years ago, my vortexbox did the same...
    Some investigations showed it was protecting itself against overheating ...

After years being tucked away in a cupboard the Vortexbox stopped all service, a pile of dust was blocking the fans and the hddtemp sensors kicked in a shut-down
    A good clean was all that it needed to start another stint of headless fun.

cheers
    /bart

Leave a comment:

• Ginsoak
    started a topic Vortexbox powers off

Vortexbox powers off

Hi, my Vortexbox has started switching itself off and the only way to turn it back on is to remove the power cable from the back of the box and reinsert it. Then it only stays on for a short length of time. I have tried swiching adapters but it is still happening. Any help gratefully received.

Jon
Working...
X