• Show
Clear All

• garym
    replied
    Even easier! Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• bart
    replied
    You can reset your Vortexbox: How do I reset the network settings on my VortexBox

see similar post in the forum: https://www.vortexbox.org/forum/supp...=1903#post1903
    Originally posted by bart View Post
    mentalboy
    If you previously set a static IP-address in your Vortexbox you will have to undo this, at best before switching your modem or router (using the Network Configuration page in the VB GUI).
    If you forgot or are forced out (by a malfunctioning unit) you can do this by attaching a keyboard and monitor to your vortexbox and reset your network settings.
    Code:
    fix_network rebuild
    reboot
    see the wiki: How do I reset the network settings on my VortexBox
    cheers
    /bart
    cheers
    /bart

Leave a comment:

• garym
    replied
    many routers will let you change the range. Can you change the range of the router to 192.168.1.1-254? If not, I'd take the VB to a friends house that has 192.168.1.1 setting, login to the VB webGUI, then turn off the static IP. Then when you bring it home, it will connect automatically to your new router. Then go into router and reserve the new IP address. Might be easier than dealing wtih static IP in the future.

Leave a comment:

• toolapc
    started a topic new router issue?

new router issue?

hi i have moved house so have changed internet provider and the new one has a router with a 192.168.0.1-254 range old one was 192.168.1.1-254 trouble is my VB is on a static ip 192.168.1.10 any quick solution to getting access to the VB?
    thanks
Working...
X