Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you specify a "filesytem type" for backup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you specify a "filesytem type" for backup?

I am trying to back up my VortexBox and get the following error message,

09/19/2020 11:31:00 - Backup /storage to USB drive...
    mount: you must specify the filesystem type
    09/19/2020 11:31:00 - Mount of USB drive /dev/sdb1 failed; cannot do Backup.

How do I specify the filesystem type?

I am running VortexBox 2.2, Fefora release 16 (Verne).
    I have 200 GB of music that I am trying to backup to a 400 GB external USB drive.

Thanks for your help.

not sure of your question, but do you realize that if you plug a USB drive into your Vortexbox, then go to the Vortexbox webGUI, you'll see an icon for backup, and you just click on that to backup. (or is that what you are doing and getting this error message?)

Comment

Originally posted by garym View Post
      not sure of your question, but do you realize that if you plug a USB drive into your Vortexbox, then go to the Vortexbox webGUI, you'll see an icon for backup, and you just click on that to backup. (or is that what you are doing and getting this error message?)
      Remember to use the Format icon on the Backup GUI page

Comment

garym , yes I am plugging in my 400 GB USB drive and selecting the "Backup" icon before I get this error message.

SeanMiddleton, I saw that as an option but hesitated, be cause the message doesn't say which drive it is about to format. Do you know, will that format the USB drive for the backup? I did have material on that drive, which I can move, but hadn't planned to.

Thanks, for the feedback.

Peter

Comment

yes, the format option that SeanMiddleton mentions will format the Portable USB drive you are attaching to the vortexbox (that is, the drive you are backing up TO). This formatting is needed and it will ERASE/WRITE OVER all the files on that attached USB drive, so make sure you save those files on to a different drive before formatting with Vortexbox.

Comment

Working...
          X