Upgrading to 2.5: max drive size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to 2.5: max drive size?

After successfully running 2.4 since its release I am going to attempt to upgrade to 2.5 as Plex no longer supports the server in 2.4 and there is no upgrade path.Two questions: I note there has been some discussion here about difficulties using a USB to install 2.5. Is the process smoother now? Also, is there a single maximum drive size for 2.5? Can it be installed on a 12TB disk? Thanks.

I have plex running on 2.4 and it works well enough for me. What is the plex issue?

Comment

The Plex server (the last version I was able to upgrade to) on 2.4 is no longer compatible with the Plex client apps on my Apple devices. Plex emailed a heads up to me on this issue in advance of eliminating support for the server version in 2.4. And I can confirm that the apps no longer work. That’s why I’m planning to upgrade to 2.5.

Comment

Originally posted by crtsf View Post
        After successfully running 2.4 since its release I am going to attempt to upgrade to 2.5 as Plex no longer supports the server in 2.4 and there is no upgrade path.Two questions: I note there has been some discussion here about difficulties using a USB to install 2.5. Is the process smoother now? Also, is there a single maximum drive size for 2.5? Can it be installed on a 12TB disk? Thanks.
        I think 2.5 supports a maximum total drive size of 16TB, If I recall correctly. I have it installed on a 12TB

Comment

Working...
        X