Name:	image_163.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	3212
    Asrock DeskMini A300

8gb Memory

128GB M.2 Integral M Series Boot Drive

256 GB SSD VM with 110GB left over from the M.2 for my music

2tb HDD (To be added next week) for all my other media.

I must say it was not easy as I have limited knowledge of Linux.

First, I spent most of last night trying to load directly onto the M.2 drive and due to the computer giving it ‘nvme0n1’ as the drive name this was never going to happen. I returned to the project late morning to attempt to clonezilla an image by completing a build onto a 320gb HDD and then carry out a device to device copy. This kept failing saying my 128gm m.2 drive too small error while copying. I gave up and resigned myself to SSD (256gb) boot drive with my 2tb drive been added next week. After transferring the image to the new SSD I thought I would give it one last go and tried clonezilla device to device and success straight on to the M.2 drive. I quickly disconnected the SSD and rebooted success. Due to the Vortexbox build being reliant on the first disk being sda you will need to modify the disk config files before you run them changing our sda for nvme0n1. I can now have two 2tb drives in one very small unit with a very fast boot drive in the m.2 slot. I built the system on 2.4
    Attached Files
    Last edited by clivej9; 05-17-2020, 03:21 AM.

I look forward to you telling us that you have played music on your nvme based vortexbox.

I tried a while ago , see https://www.vortexbox.org/forum/main...-2-5-on-an-nuc but couldn't get VB to load (see post #7)

Comment

Working...
    X