ShairTunes2 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShairTunes2 error

I'm receiving the following error message when I select "Setting" on ShairTunes2 (fork) (v0.107.4):

404 Not Found: plugins/Extensions/settings/plugins/ShairTunes2W/settings/basic.html

The solution may involve:
    apt-get upgrade libcrypt-openssl-rsa-perl

But I don't know the proper context for VB on Fedora 25

VortexBox v2.5 with Fedora r25 on a Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF i5 4GB with a 250GB WD SSD system drive and an 8TB WD data drive (plus 8TB WD external backup)
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2-0.10.20190528 with 1-Squeezebox Touch, 2 Squeezebox Duet Receiver, 2 Squeezebox Classic
    Last edited by vbbob; 08-21-2019, 02:01 PM.

vbbob the code is:-
    # dnf install perl-Crypt-OpenSSL-RSA

Comment

Well that sounded promising but it returened:

[[email protected] ~]# dnf install perl-Crypt-OpenSSL-RSA
      Last metadata expiration check: 9:44:14 ago on Sun Sep 29 04:58:41 2019.
      No package perl-Crypt-OpenSSL-RSA available.
      Error: Unable to find a match.
      [[email protected] ~]#

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to list two previous steps. I installed Webmin, following the instructions on this web page

https://www.hiroom2.com/2017/01/15/f...nstall-webmin/

You don't need to open the tcp port (no firewall is running) or set the root password.

Once logged into Webmin (https://<vortexbox ip address:10000> username:root, password:vortexbox), I enabled the Fedora package repositories (fedora, fedora-source, updates) from the System\Software Package Update menu. You should then be able to install the perl-Crypt-OpenSSL-RSA package with the above code. I disabled the extra repositories, once the package was installed.

N.B. I am not a Linux expert - just a copy and paste, trial and error, type :-)

Comment

I finally got the OpenSSL-RSA installed.

A note to others, after installing as above, I still needed to update Webadmin, before I was able to find/install updates.

FYI, it did lots of other system updates that had not been happening.
          A side note, it updated my Plex which was nice.
          Further, it took multiple updates and reboots, but finally ShairTunes is working again!

Thanks Ardbeg.

Comment

Glad you got it working in the end, vbbob.

Comment

Working...
            X