Help Storing files on second drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Storing files on second drive

I am re-installing Vortexbox 2.4 on an Intel NUC. The NUC has an M.2 Style SSD that the OS and Software is installed on.

I also have a 2Tb Spinning Drive that I want to be my Storage drive. There used to be a Wiki about doing this but I can not find it any longer.

How do I move the Storage to the 2Tb Drive

SSD is /dev/sdb (booting from this)
    2Tb spinning is /dev/sda

When I run: config_lvm_drive.sh /dev/sda

I get the following: Attachment 1

Then I run: config_add_lvm.sh /dev/sda1

I get Attachment #2

Attached Files

Sorry, I'm not able to see your attached files, so I don't know in what state your box is in.

I suppose you want to install only the OS on small SSD with /Storage on the 2Tb drive...
    I'm on a 'new' laptop at the moment so don't have my saved notes for grabs, but have a real post-it on my V-box with the following code from the wiki

For VortexBox 2.4 use
    Code:
    dnf -y update
    now you need to expand your root partition to 30GB type
    Code:
    config_4-30.sh
    and finally fill the rest of your hard drive with the storage partition with the commands
    Code:
    config_local_storage.sh
    reboot
    Your VortexBox is now ready for use.
    followed by
    Code:
    config_4-fill.sh
    (-fill SSD-)
    which if I remember correct does what it says, fill the rest of the SSD
    and
    Code:
    fdisk -l
    which brings you to the first step of the wiki with instructions on how to add a second drive
    I hope this brings you a bit further

cheers,
    /bart

BTW since this is a transcript of my terrible handwriting (and not a copy-paste of the commands involved) I cannot guarantee there isn't a typo somewhere, so as always use at your risk and maybe someone else can confirm.

Comment

Working...
    X