2.5 Install Error - /dev/sda is busy. Some partition is mounted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.5 Install Error - /dev/sda is busy. Some partition is mounted

I'm trying to perform a new install of Vortexbox 2.5 and keep getting the following error message: /dev/sda is busy. Some partition is mounted.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Andrew,

I believe this might be something you would need to address. After continuing to hit my head against a brick wall for the last week, I came across the following video on youtube which describes exactly the problem I have been experiencing albeit with a different piece of software. It appears to be a bug with AMD Ryzen and Ubuntu. This is a new build PC and if I can't get it to install I will have to return the components and try something else. However, I am running out of time to do this. The following is the video which explains the problem in detail.

https://youtu.be/8agHa-hNLMk

Thank you for your help and the great software!

Comment

I did not have this issue installing VB 2.5 from a USB drive to an AMD based PC, so it might be related to something else in the system?

Comment

If you have more than 1 hard drive in the case perhaps removing one temporarily it might allow the install.

Comment

The only drive I have in the system is the onboard SSD. I'm beginning to think that the problem is with the Asus "MB" and BIOS.

Comment

Solved!

I just saw Andrew's post from earlier this year that NVMe's will not work at this time.

Comment

Working...
            X