Cannot add new player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot add new player

I am trying to add a new USB-DAC as a player on my VortexBox. After ssh into the system I use the squeezelite -l command to display a list of of devices - in my case I think the appropriate device shows as: default:CARD=DAC. There are also entries for: sysdefault:CARD=DAC, front:CARD=DAC,DEV=0, and iec958:CARD=DAC,DEV=0. Whenever I enter one of these parameters into VortexBox Configure player Audio Output Device (and giving it a name) and press submit I get this error in my browser (Google Chrome)
    This page isn’t working
    192.168.0.51 is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500

The entry is not shown (remains blank) and no MAC address is shown (blank).

From the VortexBox main menu I have:
    System name: vortexbox
    VortexBox SW Version: 2.5
    Linux OS Version: Fedora release 25 (Twenty Five)
    eth0 IP: 192.168.0.51
    eth0 MAC: 00:21:70:07:63:BB

Got me perplexed, I've cleared the Chrome cache, cookies, etc. to no avail. I got to version 2.5 via the update upgrade method from 2.4 as apposed to a clean install.
    Comments, suggestions, remedies appreciated.

Have a look at http://www.thehockings.org/VortexBox...ueezelite.html

I'm a little suspicious that your DAC may not be compatible as I would normally expect to see a bit more detail about it when using "squeezelite -l"

Comment

Answering my own question - after a considerable amount of time jacking with every conceivable configuration of sound devices in VB even including a fresh install of VB 2.5 beta I happened upon this query via Google referring back to this forum to wit: https://www.vortexbox.org/forum/supp...ration-for-lms.. Following those instructions I now have the USB DAC functional but not both the Internal sound card or USB DAC switchable between the two. Probably some additional tinkering is needed. I know the USB-DAC works under Windows 10, Mint Linux 19, and even Daphile - so the crux of the issue must be with Fedora 25 or the VB interaction.

Comment

Working...
      X