Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Album art grabber not working

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by bucketbiochemist View Post
    Hello All,

    I was able to get some cover art functionality back by editing the sacad settings in covergrabber.php. I reduced the target image size, and added the tolerance setting to allow for a broad range of image sizes.


    $query = 'sacad "' . $q_artist . '" "' . $q_album . '" 600 -t50 ' . $folder . '/cover.jpg';


    Not sure if it will work for others, it's working better for me than the default. I can supply my edited covergrabber.php if people are interested. Didn't see how to post a shared file here.


    Best,

    Jim
    I missed this post, if it works for me I'll be sooo pleased!! I just got another 2000 odd CDs to rip and manually adding the cover art is not something I have time for!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by lawrence2357 View Post

      I missed this post, if it works for me I'll be sooo pleased!! I just got another 2000 odd CDs to rip and manually adding the cover art is not something I have time for!
      Why not just install EAC/MP3tag on a windows PC and rip everythnig on that ? You always had to check the rip in Vortex anyway to make sure it ripped correctly and used the correct artwork etc so in the end you arenet doing any more work than was necessary with the VB and a working ripper. MP3tag never fails to find and has many other useful attributes. I've given up on VB and just use OMV with LMS etc installed these days

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by SeanMiddleton View Post

        Why not just install EAC/MP3tag on a windows PC and rip everythnig on that ? You always had to check the rip in Vortex anyway to make sure it ripped correctly and used the correct artwork etc so in the end you arenet doing any more work than was necessary with the VB and a working ripper. MP3tag never fails to find and has many other useful attributes. I've given up on VB and just use OMV with LMS etc installed these days
        I've got a few boxes with Vortexbox installed so I don't want to lose my hardware. Is there a simple Linux based system I can install that will allow me to rip and play my CDs? Streaming online and internet radio (and LMS apps) would be a bonus.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by lawrence2357 View Post

          I've got a few boxes with Vortexbox installed so I don't want to lose my hardware. Is there a simple Linux based system I can install that will allow me to rip and play my CDs? Streaming online and internet radio (and LMS apps) would be a bonus.
          Check out some of my earlier posts on 'Vortexbox Alternatives'. I now no longer use VB at all, I have switched over to Open Mediaa Vault (OMV) with LMS installed under Docker (how to is in my earleir posts). OMV gives me LMS, NAS, Transmiaaion, Airsonic (=Subsonic) and a lot of other stuff. You can install a CD ripper onto my OMV boxes but I dont bother. I always rip using EAC and tag using MP3Tag. This allows me to tag CD's exactly the way I like it

          You could take one of your current VB machines and install OMV to check it out. It runs under Debian 11, so there's no douibt your existing VB hardware will support it.

          Comment

          Working...
          X