Files directory appears empty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Files directory appears empty

Vortexbox 2.3 (locked to that because of integration with Elan)

I can access the Vortexbox through web gui (\\vortexbox\) on a Windows machine and I can Putty into it, but the files directory appears empty (at least from a Windows machine)-- no Music, Pictures or Video subdirectories.

I can get to the Files directory itself through Windows Explorer and it show:
    files
    music_readonly
    movies_readonly
    pictures_readonly

And I can access the files directory, but there's nothing there. I can't access any of the readonly directories.

If I go into LMS it shows all the music files and I can select a file and play it and the timer counter will move, but there's no sound and the progress bar doesn't move.

Devices show as:
    NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
    sda 8:0 0 931.5G 0 disk
    ├─sda1 8:1 0 1M 0 part
    ├─sda2 8:2 0 500M 0 part /boot
    ├─sda3 8:3 0 29.3G 0 part /
    ├─sda4 8:4 0 256M 0 part [SWAP]
    └─sda5 8:5 0 901.5G 0 part
    sdb 8:16 0 3.9G 0 disk
    sr0 11:0 1 1024M 0 rom

And I've now exceeded the extent of my Linux skills...

I've tried rebooting several times, same problem.

First install something like filezilla:
    https://filezilla-project.org/

Then you can use this to connect to all the directories on your vortexbox (copy/move files, etc.)

See the picture attached for filezilla settings (FILE > SITEMANAGER). Change the IP address to whatever your vortexbox is. The login is root and password is vortexbox

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	2269

Comment

Well, figured out why. It was a two-disk system. Second drive (that had all the storage data on it--pictures, movies, music) failed--hard. I'm hoping Seagate can recover it.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

You do have a backup, right?

Comment

Partial. Part of the other discovery was that the cloud backup stopped working sometime after Aug 17.

Comment

Working...
          X