Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vortexbox Fedora: all system files included?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sbmocp
    started a topic Vortexbox Fedora: all system files included?

Vortexbox Fedora: all system files included?

I'm running into an issue with VB installed on a 6+ year old HP Core2 Duo desktop. When ripping a disc I get an error including the following: exception Emask, interface fatal error, hard resetting link, status DRDY. (I have no easy way to cut/paste the error.)

I did enter the pertinent error parameters into a web search on another computer and turned up this post: https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...08#post5819208 . The last post seems to be the key.

It sounded to be a likely cause so as I went to investigate I attempted to run lspci. Command couldn't be found. THen I went to find an editor and couldn't find vi or vim.

That made me wonder if the complete command set is included with the distribution--and if not how are they downloaded and installed?

• agillis
    replied
    vi is definitely included with VortexBox. You would need to install pcitools to get lspci. Installing dostools would not give you any of these commands

Leave a comment:

• sbmocp
    replied
    Had to answer my own question: no. Had to install dostools to get the functionality.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X