Need help moving files onto Vortexbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help moving files onto Vortexbox

I know this might be basic stuff for most of you, but I am stumped. I have recordings on a thumb drive in FLAC format that I want to add to my Vortexbox appliance. I can see the files on my Win 10 laptop, and I can see my Vortexbox on the laptop in my network. If I right click to copy the files, there is no paste option for the Vortexbox. I tried to paste the Vortex box FLAC storage signal path into a search pane, but nothing comes up. How do I get the FLAC files from my thumb drive to \\VORTEXBOX\files\music\flac\ ? Thanks.

Originally posted by bondmanp View Post
    .I can see my Vortexbox on the laptop in my network. If I right click to copy the files, there is no paste option for the Vortexbox.
    When you see the Vortexbox in your network, I'm assuming this is in your Win10 FILE EXPLORER and you are NOT finding the Vortexbox show in the Navigation Pane (the directory tree of folders on the left side of screen) but you ARE seeing the Vortexbox in the preview pane on the right side of the screen where you can't browse its contents.

IF you have "MY PC" selected in the Nav pane, you might be finding the Vortexbox show in the resulting preview pane under Network Locations (no paste function.)
    IF you have "Network" selected in the Nav pane, it could show in preview pane under Media Devices (no paste function.)
    Now the third place the Vortexbox can show in preview pane is under Computers, but if it was present there, you'd also be able to browse to it in the Nav pane under Network and paste your new files directly. I'm making a lot of assumptions here, but your case seems like the same issue I had when the Vortexbox dropped out my Navigation pane.

Originally posted by bondmanp View Post
    ....I tried to paste the Vortex box FLAC storage signal path into a search pane, but nothing comes up. How do I get the FLAC files from my thumb drive to \\VORTEXBOX\files\music\flac\ ? Thanks.
    That does look like a good path, so I'd suggest you use it to "Map Network Drive" which is what I had to do to keep both my Vortexbox accessible (for years they were always just there in the Nav pane under Network, until some Windows updates had them disappearing randomly.)
    Just open the Map Network Drive dialog box, pick a Drive letter, paste your \\VORTEXBOX\files\music\flac\ in the (folder) box.
    That's what worked for me when I could not always browse to the VB flac folder in the Navigation pane under Network, and the fix was persistent. I had to do this for the same reason you cite, needed to paste new content into the VB.

John A

Comment

John - That's awesome, thank you. Until now I had to burn a CD so I could use dBPoweramp to rip to my VB. But now I can create hi-res files from my LPs (I have a SugarCube SC-2), so the CD burn option is out. Your fix seems to be working. A million thank you's!

Comment

Working...
      X