Imbedded Cover Art

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imbedded Cover Art

The Vortexbox appliance is correctly finding cover art and depositing it in two files (cover.jpg and folder.jpg) in each respective album folder. However, the art is not embedded in each music (flac) file. I have been embedding the cover art in each flac file using MP3tag quite easily.
    My questions are:
    1-Is it even necessary to imbed the cover art in each flac file if you intend to play the files on a Logitech player such as a Touch or Boom?
    2-Is it necessary to do so if you intend to mirror to mp3 and play them on a portable player or in a car?
    3-If the answer to either 1 or 2 above is yes, can the Vortexbox be configured to imbed the files automatically and if so what are the instructions on how to configure that?
    Thank you to the expert who can answer these questions.
    Jamie

After doing a little experimenting I found that if the cover art is in the folder then it will show as the album art in the left pane of LMS. If embedded into each Flac file it will then also show up for each individual song in the right pane. The Vortexbox also has an option to enable mp3 embedded cover art when mirroring to MP3. That should allow the cover art to show up when playing songs on a portable player or in the car.

PS Embedded is also spelled Imbedded. I accidentally spelled it with an I in the title to the initial post and didn't know how to change it.
    Last edited by jefrank; 01-12-2019, 03:52 PM.

Comment

1-Is it even necessary to imbed the cover art in each flac file if you intend to play the files on a Logitech player such as a Touch or Boom?

no. I only use cover.jpg and don't embed art in FLAC files.

2-Is it necessary to do so if you intend to mirror to mp3 and play them on a portable player or in a car?

When I create mp3 files for portable devices, I embed the artwork in each file in my conversion.

3-If the answer to either 1 or 2 above is yes, can the Vortexbox be configured to imbed the files automatically and if so what are the instructions on how to configure that?

Not sure. I use dbpoweramp for ripping and converting.

Comment

Thanks Garym

Comment

Working...
        X