Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Folder and File names use the underscore (_) instead of a space ( )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jefrank
    replied
    Bart, it worked like a charm. Thank you so much. One more request. The autoripper is writing (showing what it is writing in caps) ARTIST - SONGNAME.FLAC
    as the individual song file names. How would I change it to simply read SONGNAME.FLAC ?

Leave a comment:

• jefrank
    replied
    Thank you Bart, I will try it and let you know how it works.

Leave a comment:

• bart
    replied
    jefrank,

You have to edit the ripit config file
    In another thread jimmi posted a reply about editing this config file to stop creating .m3u playlists
    Originally posted by jimmi View Post
    The following are notes I saved from a post by Ron Olson about the .m3u files. I recall doing this on an earlier version of VB
    By default, the VB Auto Ripper creates a .m3u playlist file in each album directory. I have never found a use for these playlist files. Here's how to keep them from being generated:

. Edit /etc/ripit/config:
    nano /etc/ripit/config

. Change the line playlist=1 to playlist=0

. Write the file (control-o) and exit (control-x).
    Restart the Auto Ripper: In a browser, go to the VB Auto Ripper page http://vortexbox/ripstatus.php, and click the "Restart Auto Ripper" button
    Looking at /etc/ripit/config you will find this directions (among many other options)
    Code:
    # underscore: Replace blanks in filenames with underscores
    # Possible values: 0 - off, 1 - on
    # Default: on

underscore=1

So you have to edit /etc/ripit/config following jimmi's saved notes:

nano /etc/ripit/config
    Find the line
    underscore=1
    Change underscore=1 to underscore=0
    Write the file: control-o
    and exit: control-x
    Restart the Auto Ripper: In a browser, go to the VB Auto Ripper page http://vortexbox/ripstatus.php, and click the "Restart Auto Ripper" button

Good luck, cheers
    /bart
    Last edited by bart; 12-18-2018, 01:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jefrank
    replied
    Thanks Vbbob but I dont use Bliss and I know there is a very similar command that you can input directly into the VB that will change the way folders and files are named. Anyone know it?

Leave a comment:

• vbbob
    replied
    BLISS is a great tool to do this on the VB:
    https://www.blisshq.com/music-librar...-organisation/

Leave a comment:

• Folder and File names use the underscore (_) instead of a space ( )

I was able to fix this problem in the past, but I guess after an upgrade the problem resurfaced. When I rip a cd to my Vortexbox the folders and file names use an underscore between words. I would like to be able to edit that so it will use a space instead. The reason this is important to me is because when I copy the songs to a USB drive to play in the car, the car announces each song by stating "underscore" repeatedly. I would really appreciate it if someone would post detailed instructions on how to edit the file and folder name procedure or direct me to instructions already posted somewhere. Thank you.
Working...
X