Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Folder and File names use the underscore (_) instead of a space ( )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder and File names use the underscore (_) instead of a space ( )

I was able to fix this problem in the past, but I guess after an upgrade the problem resurfaced. When I rip a cd to my Vortexbox the folders and file names use an underscore between words. I would like to be able to edit that so it will use a space instead. The reason this is important to me is because when I copy the songs to a USB drive to play in the car, the car announces each song by stating "underscore" repeatedly. I would really appreciate it if someone would post detailed instructions on how to edit the file and folder name procedure or direct me to instructions already posted somewhere. Thank you.

BLISS is a great tool to do this on the VB:
    https://www.blisshq.com/music-librar...-organisation/

Comment

Thanks Vbbob but I dont use Bliss and I know there is a very similar command that you can input directly into the VB that will change the way folders and files are named. Anyone know it?

Comment

jefrank,

You have to edit the ripit config file
        In another thread jimmi posted a reply about editing this config file to stop creating .m3u playlists
        Originally posted by jimmi View Post
        The following are notes I saved from a post by Ron Olson about the .m3u files. I recall doing this on an earlier version of VB
        By default, the VB Auto Ripper creates a .m3u playlist file in each album directory. I have never found a use for these playlist files. Here's how to keep them from being generated:

. Edit /etc/ripit/config:
        nano /etc/ripit/config

. Change the line playlist=1 to playlist=0

. Write the file (control-o) and exit (control-x).
        Restart the Auto Ripper: In a browser, go to the VB Auto Ripper page http://vortexbox/ripstatus.php, and click the "Restart Auto Ripper" button
        Looking at /etc/ripit/config you will find this directions (among many other options)
        Code:
        # underscore: Replace blanks in filenames with underscores
        # Possible values: 0 - off, 1 - on
        # Default: on

underscore=1

So you have to edit /etc/ripit/config following jimmi's saved notes:

nano /etc/ripit/config
        Find the line
        underscore=1
        Change underscore=1 to underscore=0
        Write the file: control-o
        and exit: control-x
        Restart the Auto Ripper: In a browser, go to the VB Auto Ripper page http://vortexbox/ripstatus.php, and click the "Restart Auto Ripper" button

Good luck, cheers
        /bart
        Last edited by bart; 12-18-2018, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Thank you Bart, I will try it and let you know how it works.

Comment

Bart, it worked like a charm. Thank you so much. One more request. The autoripper is writing (showing what it is writing in caps) ARTIST - SONGNAME.FLAC
            as the individual song file names. How would I change it to simply read SONGNAME.FLAC ?

Comment

Working...
            X