CD/DVD Drive Dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD/DVD Drive Dead

I haven't posted for awhile, I haven't had any issue's with my VBA since I installed 2.4. It seems my ripper isn't working anymore. I insert a disk the small indicator light on the draw flashes for about a minute and thats it. No log info on the CD/DVD ripper window of the GUI. I want to replace the CD/DVD drive. The drive in my VBA is a TSSTcorp, Model CDDVDW TS-H663C. My questions are, will any comparable drive work and will I need to install a new driver. I am a Linux idiot so I would need the commands to install a new driver. The VBA is 8 years old and still running strong. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0458.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	2017

You should be able to install any drive and linux should pick it up, no drivers needed

Comment

Thanks, I'll order up a drive.

Comment

Are you going for BluRay or just DVD, as if BluRay you need to be careful compatibility with UHD disks

Comment

DVD/CD I only use the VBA for music. I ordered a Samsung 24x internal SATA Model SH 224GB/BSBE.

Comment

I installed the Samsung and everything is running fine. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X