Vortexbox goes to sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vortexbox goes to sleep

I have built a few VB's over the years and I'm very happy with them. It really is an excellent device. I generally use low power 'CPU on board' type motherboards and I normally have no problems at all. I built a new VB recently using an ASrock CPU on board motherboard (Q1900DC -ITX) that I have used previously without any problems at all. Unfortunately the new VB works perfectly for a few days but then 'goes to sleep' and can't be seen on the LAN at all. A simple turn of/turn off fixes the problem every time and it runs perfectly again for a few more days to a couple of weeks before the same problem recurs. The BIOS settings are as per other fully functional VB's using the same motherboard. Anybody got any ideas ?

Sean, I had an ITX build that did this, the LEDs next to the LAN socket would go out and you couldn't WOL. As far as I can recall, there was a BIOS setting somewhere in advanced that needed to be swapped from default or else there was a command switch for the LAN that had to be set via Putty.
    I use a few ASRock mobos and their BIOS is not as logical as some of the others. Sorry I can't help further.

Comment

Originally posted by Wirrunna View Post
      Sean, I had an ITX build that did this, the LEDs next to the LAN socket would go out and you couldn't WOL. As far as I can recall, there was a BIOS setting somewhere in advanced that needed to be swapped from default or else there was a command switch for the LAN that had to be set via Putty.
      I use a few ASRock mobos and their BIOS is not as logical as some of the others. Sorry I can't help further.
      Good idea Wirruna. I'll take another look at the BIOS. I agree the ASRock BIOS is a bit messy

Comment

Working...
      X