Vortexbox not showing in network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vortexbox not showing in network

Hello, first of all thanks for having me in this forum.
    So for the tech help/issue, i have two Vortexbox appliance (first one died bought new one and a friend fixed old one), and for no apparent reason the one that is in use just dissappear from the network. Swap cables, swap location, connect it direct to the router, reboot router, connected the old vortexbox to see if it was a hardware issue and nothing, not showing up in the network, no sign of net connection (usually the led in power button is flashing when everything is working fine). Tried to change settings on my pc by following a video that showed what to do when a NAS dissappear from network. Nothing worked...
    Anyone with the same issue, anyone with a fix for this ?!?
    Thanks for help!

Your IP address probably changed use myvortexbox.com to discover new address or IP scanner.

Comment

No luck, no new IP on the network...

Comment

myvortexbox.com does not always work if you have an iPhone or iPad go to the apps store and install “ip scanner” to see if you now have a new IP address.

Comment

Manage to get the old one working, not shure how, just checking the net permissions. No I'm starting to feel that the new vortexbox is inoperative. If this is the case it's really annoying because it only have two years use. Thanks for help!

Comment

Doris1997 offered good advice. If you don't have an ipad try https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/ for a Windows program or 'angry ip scanner' for linux.

Comment

Second that

Comment

Did that, the 'old" vortexbox did show up with a different IP, no luck with the new one, i think that no connection at all, tried to rip a cd and nothing happens. I'm very disappointing with the quality of this new vb.
                The old one last 7 years always running, when things start to go wrong the first thing i noticed was the internet connection, just like the new one, swapping some condensers solved the issue. Have to request again help from a friend to check the condition inside the lid. Thanks for your imputs!

Comment

Temporarily connect a monitor and reboot the VB (you wont need a keyboard or mouse).
                  When the VB finishes bootiing it will display its current IP address on the screen
                  On a different machine go to http://theipaddressdisplayed and set a static IP address

If your router = 192.168.1.1 then a safe static IP is usually 192.168.1.2 but may not be

So you need in the network box if your router is 192.168.1.1

Static IP - 192.168.1.2
                  Netmask - 255.255.255.0
                  Gateway - 192.168.1.1
                  DNS1 - 8.8.8.8
                  DNS2 - 8.8.4.4 - if your ISP allows it - these are Google's public DNS servers

Comment

Working...
                  X