2.4 install on modern hardware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 install on modern hardware

I am reading that 2.4, which is based on an older flavor of Fedora, is not installing on some hardware. Can we expect a 2.5 with improved hardware support to make it easier to install for us?

Originally posted by notnick View Post
    I am reading that 2.4, which is based on an older flavor of Fedora, is not installing on some hardware. Can we expect a 2.5 with improved hardware support to make it easier to install for us?
    Welcome to the Forum. Please check this Post as I think it will answer many of your questions:

https://www.vortexbox.org/forum/main...exbox-software

Enjoy

Comment

As I read the thread, in march of 2017 there was mention of improvement. It's July of 2018 and there isn't a version I can install. Have I missed something?

Comment

Installation should not be too difficult as Fedora is good at detecting hardware. What was the failure?

Comment

my consistent error is usbcore:registered new interface driver usb-storage

Comment

Good news! I was able to figure out why it wasn't installing on my machine. The 2.4 installer doesn't have drivers for the SATA 3 device that was on the motherboard. I disabled said device and it didn't hang anymore. It appears to be booting and that's good enough for me!

Comment

Working...
            X