MakeMKV 1.10.5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MakeMKV 1.10.5

Looks like MakeMKV 1.10.5 is available on the MakeMKV Website. Any idea when it might be in the Repo to pull down via dnf update?

Additionally if anybody knows the CDM Line inputs to pull down the latest version from MakeMKV from their website when its not in the Repo, I would not mind having that CMD Line procedure.

Hi,
    you can use the following commands to update to 1.10.5 (or later releases as they come out if needed by changing the file names)

Code:
    # cd /tmp
    # wget http://www.makemkv.com/download/makemkv-bin-1.10.5.tar.gz
    # tar xvfz makemkv-bin-1.10.5.tar.gz
    # cd makemkv-bin-1.10.5
    # make
    # sudo make install
    note the initial make command will have you page through license info then hit q and then type 'yes' to accept
    this will install the new /usr/bin/makemkvcon but not /usr/bin/makemkv (we don't need this).
    I just use the bin package since that is all that is needed for our use.

oh, and after this finishes you can rm the makemkv-bin-1.10.5 directory and makemkv-bin-1.10.5.tar.gz file if you want to clean up

regards
    -Mark
    Last edited by markdan; 03-28-2017, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks MarkDan, that worked. I'll add it to the the Wiki for others.

Question, would the same commands work to bring down the latest PLEX update (of course substituting PLEX info where needed)?

Comment

No Plex releases a rpm for each of their updates so when you see Plex report that there is an update for the server just download it and install the new rpm

Comment

Does this new version solve the problem of MKV no longer creating filenames from movie title?

Comment

Originally posted by lahoya View Post
            Does this new version solve the problem of MKV no longer creating filenames from movie title?
            No, the issue was not with MakeMKV. The problem is with the automation procedure/script making a call out to an IP Address that is not available which causes the process to crash not renaming and moving the file. The DVD is getting ripped but is not getting moved out of the TMP directory by the renaming and moving process. So it is either deleted or written over by the next rip. You must still use the workaround in the DVD ripping post.

Comment

Originally posted by Transporter View Post

No, the issue was not with MakeMKV. The problem is with the automation procedure/script making a call out to an IP Address that is not available which causes the process to crash not renaming and moving the file. The DVD is getting ripped but is not getting moved out of the TMP directory by the renaming and moving process. So it is either deleted or written over by the next rip. You must still use the workaround in the DVD ripping post.
              Any indication that someone is working on a fix for the automation procedure/script? Not a major issue but I guess the Vortexbox has spoiled me over the years.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Out of the blue yesterday I got the following error on ripping a DVD
                Code:

The new version 1.10.6 is available for download at http://www.makemkv.com/download/ This application version is too old.
                I followed the instructions above updating 1.10.5 to 1.10.6 and it all seemed to install correctly.

Now I get this error:
                Code:

MakeMKV v1.10.6 linux(x64-release) started Current operation: Scanning CD-ROM devices Current action: Scanning CD-ROM devices Current progress - 0%  , Total progress - 0%    Current progress - 0%  , Total progress - 0%    Current progress - 100%  , Total progress - 0%    Current progress - 100%  , Total progress - 100%    This application version is too old.  Please download the latest version at http://www.makemkv.com/
                Any ideas what to do next?

Comment

Try using the beta key.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

Comment

I get a new error now...

Code:

MakeMKV v1.10.6 linux(x64-release) started Current operation: Scanning CD-ROM devices Current action: Scanning CD-ROM devices Current progress - 0%  , Total progress - 0%    Current progress - 0%  , Total progress - 0%    Current progress - 100%  , Total progress - 0%    Current progress - 100%  , Total progress - 100%    Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:READ OF SCRAMBLED SECTOR WITHOUT AUTHENTICATION' occurred while reading 'BD-ROM HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH10LS28 1.00' at offset '1048576' This application version is too old.  Please download the latest version at http://www.makemkv.com/ or enter a registration key to continue using the current version.
                    Anyone else having any of this trouble?

Comment

Does MakeMKV rips CDs as well?

Comment

Originally posted by cherishjoo View Post
                        Does MakeMKV rips CDs as well?
                        It does not.

Comment

So I see this:
                          The new version 1.14.0 is available for download at http://www.makemkv.com/download/

I used the steps above from markdan, but now, no RIP actually happens and I receive the following:

11/07/2018 16:41:54 - Restarting Auto Ripper...
                          11/07/2018 16:41:54 - Ripping from /dev/sr0
                          11/07/2018 16:41:54 - Vendor : HL-DT-ST 11/07/2018 16:41:55 - Model : DVD-ROM DT80N 11/07/2018 16:41:55 - Revision : D101
                          11/07/2018 16:41:55 - Using your Internet connection to get metadata for ripped disks.
                          11/07/2018 16:43:39 - Optical disk detected - type : DVD
                          Using device /dev/sr0 Reading DVD track info.
                          Getting DVD name.
                          Ripping to /storage/movies...
                          Encrypted DVD - Starting deep analysis. This may take a while...
                          Ripping tracks longer than 150 seconds.
                          Ripping took 0 minutes and 3 seconds.
                          11/07/2018 16:43:46 - Done.

I also tried commenting out the references to vortexbox.org but still no joy.
                          Also, I own my copy of MKV with a license.

ANY IDEAS?
                          Last edited by vbbob; 11-07-2018, 08:06 PM.

Comment

I tried new version 1.14.1 and still no rip...

Can I downgrade?

Comment

We are having the same issue, though were also having a similar issue with previous makemkv versions recently.

Any fix would be appreciated as not much use having a VB that cant auto-rip

Comment

Working...
                              X