LMS 'Settings' have disapeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gentlemen

I found the problem (couldn't remotely access LMS settings pages) and fixed it:

Somehow or other the protection setting in the server.prefs file (protectSettings) had been set to protectSettings: 1 whereas it should be protectSettings: 0. In my srefver.prefs file this is on line 3666. It may differ on others perfs files.

Server.prefs is in /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs folder

Happy me.

Sean

Comment

Way to go Sean!

Comment

Originally posted by SeanMiddleton View Post
        Gentlemen

I found the problem (couldn't remotely access LMS settings pages) and fixed it:

Somehow or other the protection setting in the server.prefs file (protectSettings) had been set to protectSettings: 1 whereas it should be protectSettings: 0. In my srefver.prefs file this is on line 3666. It may differ on others perfs files.

Server.prefs is in /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs folder

Happy me.

Sean
        I found the same setting while searching the github-repo for an solution. Changed mine to "protectSettings: 0", too and I can access my settings again. IMHO that's not an ideal solution because I had to disable a newly added security feature. Well, I'm not exposing my LMS to the Internet but I have separated my network into several network segments - e.g. one segment for my servers, one for my wireless network and one for my client PCs. Because access is restricted to localhost or the local network I had to diable "protectSettings" in order to access the settings again.

A way to solve the problem is to whitelist private network adresses [192.168.0.0/16; 127.16.0.0/12, 10.0.0.0/8]. Those addresses are not routed in the Internet but you can access the LMS settings in a segmented network environment . Or add a setting like "allowedHosts" where we can define local ip addresses but they can only be from one of the private network ranges.

Comment

Working...
        X