Mirror flac to mp3's on external drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror flac to mp3's on external drive

I would like to mirror my VB 2.4 flac music collection to mp3’s; however, I would like to do this so the mp3’s end up on an external USB drive. The idea is that I would plug the USB drive into my VB - start the mirror process - walk away - come back - unplug the USB drive and walk away with a portable mp3 collection that could be used somewhere else. I know the VB mp3 mirror option sends the mirrored mp3’s to a sub-directory in the /storage directory but I don't have enough HD space to do this.

Could the mp3 mirror scripts be finagled to do this? Even better would be an option to selectively choose the flac directories that get mirrored.

Is there a way to do this?

Answering my own question I found out with my friend Google several options to do the job without mucking up the VB scripts.

Among the choices: dBPoweramp (you must buy it - Windows and Mac OS versions available), freac-1.1-alpha-201 (I tried the Mac os version), and a plethora of others. Like I said you don't fool with the VB scripts and there are plenty of conversion options available. The downside, if there is any, is that you access VB from an external program to do the job - but you probably do that anyway for other tasks

Comment

Yes, I use dbpoweramp for both ripping and conversion tasks. I only use my Vortexboxe as the music SERVER.

Comment

You could mount your USB drive on /storage/music/mp3

Comment

This seems deceptively simple - so if I ssh into my VB and manually mount my USB drive on /storage/music/mp3 and tick the enable automatic mp3 mirroring box in FLAC Miror section the mp3 process will start? I guess when I'm done I can untick the automatic mp3 mirroring box, ssh into VB, unmount the USB drive, unplug and have the job done. Let me give it a try. Thanks.

Comment

Just do a manual mirror.

Comment

Manual mirror. OK, this is something that I do not have linux experience with (or I am misunderstanding) - what commands do I need to execute? I would appreciate your help and suggestions.

Comment

just push the mirror button. Thats it!

Comment

Works like a charm! Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by jaxman View Post
                    I would like to mirror my VB 2.4 flac music collection to mp3’s; however, I would like to do this so the mp3’s end up on an external USB drive. The idea is that I would plug the USB drive into my VB - start the mirror process - walk away - come back - unplug the USB drive and walk away with a portable mp3 collection that could be used somewhere else. I know the VB mp3 mirror option sends the mirrored mp3’s to a sub-directory in the /storage directory but I don't have enough HD space to do this.

Could the mp3 mirror scripts be finagled to do this? Even better would be an option to selectively choose the flac directories that get mirrored.

I would recommend to check out the Total Audio Converter or Total Movie Converter by CoolUtils for this. You can check it out here: https://www.coolutils.com/TotalAudioConverter

Comment

Originally posted by jaxman View Post

i would recommend to check total audio converter or total movie converter by coolutils. you can check it out here.https://www.coolutils.com/TotalAudioConverter

Comment

Working...
                      X