Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 VortexBox 1TB Automatic CD ripping NAS is full. Looking for options

Hello,

I have really enjoyed my Vortexbox 1 TB drive with cd drive. Just recently, I noticed that cds weren't uploading so I have probably gotten to the point of the hard drive being full. I run the drive through my sonos and it works great.

What are my best options? I am not overly technical, yet did switch out the cd drive on the unit a year ago. Can I purchase additional memory or add an external drive? Since its 6 years old, should I purchase something new?

Thank you.

Jackson

You could replace 1TB with a 2TB (or 3TB or 4TB) new HDD to your VB. You'll need to do a complete new install of the VB software, and make sure you have a backup of your music to restore back to the VB after install, as the install will wipe out everything on the drive. See:
    http://wiki.vortexbox.org/installation_guide

Comment

You may want to read the below post as well:
      https://www.vortexbox.org/forum/supp...xbox-appliance

Comment

Thank you.

Question. My cd tray isn't opening when I attempt to rip a disk. It was working a week ago. Then I notice that the CD which i put in the drawer hasn't been ripped. I have enough space on the drive. Any thoughts as to how to fix this problem?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonsf View Post
          Thank you.

Question. My cd tray isn't opening when I attempt to rip a disk. It was working a week ago. Then I notice that the CD which i put in the drawer hasn't been ripped. I have enough space on the drive. Any thoughts as to how to fix this problem?

Thank you.
          I think that's an entirely different problem than this thread. You should probably start a new thread to get more potential views with "CD drawer won't open - CD doesn't RiP" in the subject line.

Comment

Working...
          X