Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi - not sure if i am in the right place or not...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi - not sure if i am in the right place or not...

Hi, and first time poster. Sorta not up to play with this GUI, Logitech Media Server interface etc etc.....

So I have a music server - Antipodes DS Reference, which I run off Logitech Media Server GUI (? is that right)........and play from my laptop. My amplifier is Perreaux 250i integrated.

My problem is this........How the &^%$%#&# do you delete files from the server using this setup?.......the server is just about at max, need to delete unwanted music.....lol

Cheers and many thanks !

I think you're in the wrong place. This site is about the vortexbox server. I don't think your Antipodes server is related to Vortexbox. You might have some luck posting on the www.slimdevices.com forum, as that's the main forum for LMS users, and perhaps someone there has some info about the Antipodes server. Or is there an Antipodes customer service or a forum for their products?

p.s. You're not running the antipodes 'off' the LMS GUI. You are running the antipodes as a music server. The LMS may be installed ON the Antipodes (not sure), or maybe the LMS is installed on your laptop, and this LMS is just getting the music files from the Antipodes.

Edit: Nevermind. It seems that the Antipodes does in fact run Vortexbox as its software. So LMS is also running there (as part of Vortexbox). To access files on the Server (and delete, etc. you should be able to use WINSCP or something like that running on your laptop to access the files stored on the Antipodes and delete some of them.

From the site you linked. You get music OFF the server the same way you get music ON the server. You'll need some Samba or WINSCP etc. capable program to connect over your network to the device to delete (or add) files.

"Getting music onto the DS. Whilst this server is capable of streaming music from a NAS, it’ll sound optimal with self-hosted tunes. Getting music onto the Antipodes server
    is easy. Existing music libraries can be dropped onto the server over the network. I dragged over 1.5TB of FLAC onto the DS Reference’s (Samba) shared folder without issue."
    Last edited by garym; 04-28-2022, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by garym View Post
      I think you're in the wrong place. This site is about the vortexbox server. I don't think your Antipodes server is related to Vortexbox. You might have some luck posting on the www.slimdevices.com forum, as that's the main forum for LMS users, and perhaps someone there has some info about the Antipodes server. Or is there an Antipodes customer service or a forum for their products?

p.s. You're not running the antipodes 'off' the LMS GUI. You are running the antipodes as a music server. The LMS may be installed ON the Antipodes (not sure), or maybe the LMS is installed on your laptop, and this LMS is just getting the music files from the Antipodes.

Edit: Nevermind. It seems that the Antipodes does in fact run Vortexbox as its software. So LMS is also running there (as part of Vortexbox). To access files on the Server (and delete, etc. you should be able to use WINSCP or something like that running on your laptop to access the files stored on the Antipodes and delete some of them.

From the site you linked. You get music OFF the server the same way you get music ON the server. You'll need some Samba or WINSCP etc. capable program to connect over your network to the device to delete (or add) files.

"Getting music onto the DS. Whilst this server is capable of streaming music from a NAS, it’ll sound optimal with self-hosted tunes. Getting music onto the Antipodes server
      is easy. Existing music libraries can be dropped onto the server over the network. I dragged over 1.5TB of FLAC onto the DS Reference’s (Samba) shared folder without issue."
      I'm not familiair at all with Antipodes Server but if it behaves like Vortexbox then just plug your windows laptop into the same LAN as your Antipodes Server and open File Manager. In file manager enter the address of your Antipodes Serve (e.g. \\192.168.1.100) and you should see the 'storage' folder. Navigate to the 'music' folder then into the 'flac' or 'mp3' subfolders and delete or add files just as you would to any folder using windows File Manager.

Comment

Working...
      X