Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to connect with my vortex box player

Hi-
    For some reason, after years of no issues I am unable to connect with my vortex box player/NAS. I've rebooted everything with no luck. The IP address keeps saying it's dropping the connection but I suspect it's just not connecting. Is there a diagnostic I can run to figure out where the problem is?

I have tried to get into the ip address using terminal on my mac and than through chrome but it does not seem to be connecting

Comment

Sorry for the multiple posts, also verified I had not gotten a new ip address, it's just not showing up for some reason

Comment

And just because I can't shut up, after booting and rebooting, going to myvortexbox states I no longer have a music server connected

Comment

Sounds like a network problem, check your ethernet cables and connections at both router, any switches and vortexbox, they should have flashing lights on the ports if active. Try alternative network ports and ethernet cables if possible.
          Log into your router and see if the 'connected devices' page shows the vortexbox as connected and if so what it's local ip address is.
          Also if you can attach a screen + keyboard to the vortexbox and check for any error messages on boot up.
          If it boots ok then login with the keyboard and check the ip address directly, the 'ifconfig' command is one way to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by EricJ View Post
            Sounds like a network problem, check your ethernet cables and connections at both router, any switches and vortexbox, they should have flashing lights on the ports if active. Try alternative network ports and ethernet cables if possible.
            Log into your router and see if the 'connected devices' page shows the vortexbox as connected and if so what it's local ip address is.
            Also if you can attach a screen + keyboard to the vortexbox and check for any error messages on boot up.
            If it boots ok then login with the keyboard and check the ip address directly, the 'ifconfig' command is one way to do this.
            Eric-
            Thanks for the feedback. I was able to get a keyboard and it turned out the hard drive had failed so had to send it in to get a new one.
            Now I've got it up and running. It has micro jukebox on it rather than VortexBox and can't seem to get my ethernet DAC to recognize it sadly.
            Oy!

Comment

Working...
            X