No announcement yet.

VortexBox 2.5 BETA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replying here as I had great success installing VB 2.5 as an upgrade from 2.4 and not from the USB stick (as I couldn't get a bootable USB stick working!)

See here:

https://www.vortexbox.org/forum/main...-2-5-installed

Comment

Is there any plan in the near future for ver 2.5 to move out of BETA status? It's been a year since the BETA was released and I would like to upgrade to run newer versions of Plex, etc., but not on a BETA version. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisKender View Post
        Is there any plan in the near future for ver 2.5 to move out of BETA status? It's been a year since the BETA was released and I would like to upgrade to run newer versions of Plex, etc., but not on a BETA version. Thanks!
        If it helps, I upgraded to the version of 2.5 available now, specifically to be able to update Plex, and have had no problems whatsoever for 3 months.

Comment

Just returned to VB and installed the 2.5 beta as I want to use it as Plex Server, however I cant mount my NAS where all my media is. Any way around this as all the repos are disabled and I cant manually install it either. Currently its useless to me unless I can mount my network smb shares.

Comment

This Youtube video might help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQly5Xg9WIg

Comment

Greetings earthlings

My VB 2.3 drive crashed after years of perfection. I have bought a new HDD and will do a fresh install of the 2.5 beta. The hardware is probably 4-5 years old, how do I know whether to install 32 bit or 64 bit? I am guessing that I cant go wrong if I select 32 bit in the USB install.

Any thoughts

Thanks

Comment

you don't mention what sort of hardware, but 4 to 5 years old, likely 64bit capable.

Comment

Originally posted by garym View Post
                  you don't mention what sort of hardware, but 4 to 5 years old, likely 64bit capable.
                  Zotac Intel Atom board. That's about all I can recall

Comment

not sure, but I'd first try the 64bit install and see if it works. Even an rPi 3 is 64bit capable. maybe google your board to see what you can find. I found that the atom cpu 330 is 64bit. I found this, so it depends:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/intel-...32-or-64-bits/
                    Last edited by garym; 09-02-2020, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by garym View Post
                      not sure, but I'd first try the 64bit install and see if it works. Even an rPi 3 is 64bit capable. maybe google your board to see what you can find. I found that the atom cpu 330 is 64bit. I found this, so it depends:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/intel-...32-or-64-bits/
                      All good!
                      Currently listening to music via my vortexbox on 2.5
                      Installed perfectly
                      Thanks for the info
                      Cheers

Comment

Any news on release of 2.5? I would really like to use the GUI update process if possible, but need to get Plex working so may try to install the beta.

Comment

Just out of curiosity: are there any (major?) new developments to be expected, or should we consider the Vortexbox to be “af” (af= dutch for: ready, Finnished product, but in good way)

Comment

I just finished moving to 2.5 from 2.4 (using SSD for OS and 8tb for storage). Is Transmission working for anyone? I used the GUI to Install, but it is not showing up. Any thoughts or bittorrent alternatives?

Comment

Originally posted by wheelblur View Post
                              I just finished moving to 2.5 from 2.4 (using SSD for OS and 8tb for storage). Is Transmission working for anyone? I used the GUI to Install, but it is not showing up. Any thoughts or bittorrent alternatives?
                              Try restarting the Vortexbox then check the GUI page. Usually works when you do that

Comment

Working...
                              X