Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance for a newer version of LMS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any chance for a newer version of LMS?

    Andrew, I noticed that the version of Logitech's LMS that is included with version 2.4 is dated 6/13/2017, almost a year ago. I also noticed that Squeezebox Michael still updates the program on a regular basis with the last changes less than 24 hours ago.

    Since we don't know when or if there will be a newer version of the Vortexbox software I would like to ask if you could provide a more recent version of the LMS software to take advantage of the changes Michael has made over the past year.

    Thanks, Bill

  • #2
    I noticed that, when I did my weekly dnf update two days ago, I now have a new version of LMS:

    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 0.7.20180404git1522249619 @ Mon May 14 10:51:59 EDT 2018

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GuruPete View Post
      I noticed that, when I did my weekly dnf update two days ago, I now have a new version of LMS:

      Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 0.7.20180404git1522249619 @ Mon May 14 10:51:59 EDT 2018
      I just re-ran both the GUI update on the Vortexbox main screen and also the dnf update commands and neither installed the version that you have which begs the question how did you get the newer version?

      Also note that I am running the stock version of the Vortexbox software which is still on Fedora 23. Are you still on that version of Fedora?

      Bill

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post

        I just re-ran both the GUI update on the Vortexbox main screen and also the dnf update commands and neither installed the version that you have which begs the question how did you get the newer version?

        Also note that I am running the stock version of the Vortexbox software which is still on Fedora 23. Are you still on that version of Fedora?

        Bill
        Hi Bill,
        Please check your version number of VBA. VBA 2.4 is the only version running Fedora 23 and from your symptoms it sounds like you're running VBA 2.3. At a minimum if you have VBA 2.4 and did an update from the GUI you should have had a version from Dec 2017 and you are saying you have a version from June 2017 which was one of the latest updates for VBA 2.3. Once the May 14 2018 version was in the update Repo, any update after May 15 using
        dnf clean all; dnf update should bring that May version down if one is running VBA 2.4.

        Last question, is your VBA completely stock as in you have not added any CLI commands to access any of the available Squeezebox Repos when issuing an update command?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Transporter View Post

          Hi Bill,
          Please check your version number of VBA. VBA 2.4 is the only version running Fedora 23 and from your symptoms it sounds like you're running VBA 2.3. At a minimum if you have VBA 2.4 and did an update from the GUI you should have had a version from Dec 2017 and you are saying you have a version from June 2017 which was one of the latest updates for VBA 2.3. Once the May 14 2018 version was in the update Repo, any update after May 15 using
          dnf clean all; dnf update should bring that May version down if one is running VBA 2.4.

          Last question, is your VBA completely stock as in you have not added any CLI commands to access any of the available Squeezebox Repos when issuing an update command?
          I did verify that I am running Vortexbox v2.4, Fedora release 23. The Vortexbox is stock except that I did have the old Squeeze Community repo installed back when Clive was providing his weekly LMS version updates. I have removed this repo some time ago using the erase command and it no longer shows up when I do the dnf update command.


          Is there a command I can run to make sure I am on a 'stock' image short of re-installing the product? Keep in mind that my Linux skills are very limited.

          Thanks, Bill

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post

            Is there a command I can run to make sure I am on a 'stock' image short of re-installing the product? Keep in mind that my Linux skills are very limited.

            Thanks, Bill
            .
            Not that I am aware of, but there is a way to completely remove the looking for/at the Community Repo for updates. I have a feeling the Erase Command didn't get everything if it is not pulling down the latest version. I had to manually remove mine and somebody better at Linux then me gave me the Commands. I'll look and see if I still have those and can find them.

            When you do an update from the Vortexbox GUI, what do you see in the log window as far where it is looking for update packages? This will tell us where it is going for updates.

            Have you tried using:
            Code:
            dnf -y clean
            followed by:
            Code:
            dnf -y update
            From the CLI?
            .

            Comment


            • #7
              I have the same issue. I'm running VB2.4 and LMS doesn't update from current version. In fact, nothing updates. See log.
              Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 0.152.20170613git1496913376 @ Tue Jun 13 20:15:45 EDT 2017

              NOTE: I did a new install of VB2.4 over a year ago. I've not done any customization and I've never had an alternative repo for versions of LMS.

              LOG from command line:

              [[email protected] ~]# dnf -y clean all
              50 files removed
              [[email protected] ~]# dnf -y update
              RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Nonfree - Updates 177 kB/s | 74 kB 00:00
              Packages for VortexBox 239 kB/s | 58 kB 00:00
              RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Nonfree 194 kB/s | 156 kB 00:00
              RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Free 573 kB/s | 457 kB 00:00
              Fedora 23 - x86_64 - Updates 8.2 MB/s | 25 MB 00:03
              Fedora 23 - x86_64 9.9 MB/s | 43 MB 00:04
              RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Free - Updates 468 kB/s | 371 kB 00:00
              Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:01 ago on Fri May 25 09:11:29 2018.
              Dependencies resolved.
              Nothing to do.
              Complete!

              Comment


              • #8
                For what it's worth, I have the same issue as Mr. Bill and garym. And like garym I have not done any customization, and I've never had an alternative repo for versions of LMS.

                Comment


                • #9
                  radishSB, Welcome to the Forum. Are any of three "radish" over on the Slim Devices Forum, you?

                  And the plot thickens! Thanks for the feedback everybody. I am using alternate Repos on both my VBA 2.3 and 2.4 Servers and both have newer versions then the June 13, 2017. The 2.3 has 7.9.1 - 0.6.20170928git1508251793 @ Tue Nov 7 14:47:30 EST 2017 and the 2.4s have Dec 31, 2017 and March 19, 2018 so I am guessing I pointed some at the Nightly and some at the Community Repo.

                  This looks like there might be an issue in where the stock standard 2.4 is pointing at, my thought being the link is bad or the site no longer exists.

                  Thoughts? Is anybody also running a regular Linus Serve or Windows Server with LMS on it and knows how and where to look at what repo it is getting its update from? My sister has a Vortexbox at home and an old windows machine at her office running LMS but she is not local to me and can't even SSH into anything being talked through it over the phone. Her Windows machine has the May 18, 2018 update on it her Vortexbox does not.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    No thoughts/solution or suggestion but maybe of some help:

                    A year ago, thanks to the help in my thread: How to return/update to ' the latest LMS in the VortexBox 2.4 repo' ?, I reverted my LMS version back to stock ...

                    specificly :
                    Code:
                    dnf erase squeezecommunity-repo
                    did the trick and
                    Code:
                    dnf clean all; dnf update
                    brought everything up to date
                    very happy since

                    Last week my irregular attempt to update (command-line) resulted in a newer LMS version:
                    7.9.1 - 0.7.20180404git1522249619 @ Mon May 14 10:51:59 EDT 2018
                    cheers
                    /bart
                    Last edited by bart; 05-26-2018, 08:09 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I tried on another VB machine I own and got same result. No updating to LMS (same June 2017 version as my other VB). Both were setup with VB2.4 over a year ago and no customizations. Both are machines purchased from Small Green Computers.

                      p.s. I entered first the "dnf erase squeezecommunity-repo" just in case and it simply said no such thing found so nothing to erase. So that wasn't it (as expected given I never added the community repo).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Transporter - Hey! Yep I'm radish112 over on the Logitech Squeezebox Forum.

                        Again, same results as garym as he noted above: I tried
                        dnf erase squeezecommunity-repo
                        and got
                        No match for argument squeezecommunity-repo
                        Error: No packages marked for removal

                        Then did
                        dnf erase
                        dnf update

                        Then rebooted and still showing
                        Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 0.152.20170613git1496913376 @ Tue Jun 13 20:15:45 EDT 2017

                        And BTW I am using Vortexbox 2.4

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Over the past couple of weeks I have had a couple of problems with my VB (self inflicted) so have done two reinstalls. Whether this has resulted in my LMS recently updating I don't know but might be worth exploring for those people who are having problems.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            garym & radishSB

                            It would've surprised me if deleting a repo (which isn't installed) resolved this, it was more a summarization of my Vortexbox and LMS version and maybe for some a reminder/push in the right direction ;-)

                            Maybe this thread is of any help: LMS upgrade not going through
                            some useful commands for trying to get LMS up-to-date

                            cheers,
                            /bart

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bart View Post
                              garym & radishSB

                              It would've surprised me if deleting a repo (which isn't installed) resolved this, it was more a summarization of my Vortexbox and LMS version and maybe for some a reminder/push in the right direction ;-)

                              Maybe this thread is of any help: LMS upgrade not going through
                              some useful commands for trying to get LMS up-to-date

                              cheers,
                              /bart
                              thanks. that worked. I now have:
                              Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 0.7.20180404git1522249619 @ Mon May 14 10:51:59 EDT 2018

                              I used these commands from that thread. Note, *most* of my settings were retained in LMS, but a handful were not (most importantly, volume was set to fixed 100% rather than being controlled!). Didn't take long to adjust all the settings that changed. And a few things related to display, screensavers, music library name and handling of ALBUM ARTIST.

                              Code:
                              rpm -e --nodeps logitechmediaserver
                              rpm -e --nodeps logitechmediaserver-CPAN
                              rpm -e --nodeps logitechmediaserver-vendor
                              rpm -e --nodeps logitechmediaserver-firmware-ip3k
                              
                              dnf install logitechmediaserver
                              Last edited by garym; 05-27-2018, 02:36 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X